Thank you for choosing to stay at Awatuna Sunset Lodge. We are committed to the environment and reducing our tourism impact and invite you to enjoy our surrounds with native trees and birds as well as the gardens’ flowering plants.
- We grow fruit and vegetables to be as self-sufficient as possible.
- Excess fruit and vegetables are turned into sauces, chutneys, and jams we preserve and freeze to use throughout the year.
- All food waste goes to either our chooks (vegetable scraps) or our Bokashi compost system. which allows us to channel all food waste back into our gardens.
- We bake and cook most food from scratch. This means we save on packaging and plastic and our food is preservative and artificial additive free.
- Conserving water as we are on rainwater tanks
- Water is UV-filtered
- All lighting is LED
- Supporting local businesses by purchasing locally.
We welcome you to wonder through the grounds and enjoy the gardens, pond, orchard, vegetable gardens and hidden bush walks. You can visit our chooks and walk to Waimea Creek.